Arrowroot Powder, Organic
Arrowroot is an easily digestible starch derived from the rhizomes of the arrowroot plant. Flavourless and naturally gluten free, arrowroot which has very low calories (65 calories per 100gm) is an excellent replacement of cornstarch for dessert recipes, culinary and other uses.
- Use as a thickener for desserts, soups, gravies, stews and sauces. It is colourless and has twice the thickening power as compared to corn flour.
- Use in baking. It helps to create cakes and cookies with a lighter and softer texture.
- As a nutritional food for infants and people recovering from illness
- Use as a filler for capsules
- Use in DIY powder recipes
Mix arrowroot powder with room temperature water before adding it to hot liquid to prevent forming of “lumps”.
To replace cornstarch, use the ratio of 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder for every 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
Origin: West Indies