GardenScent WFN All-Grain Best Energy Food (GS All-Grain Powder) is a complex-carbohydrate functional food suitable for all ages.
This grain powder is formulated by using a patented food technology process which is able to extract the unique nutritional value of each and every grain | seed and make them more available to the body for easy digestion and maximum absorption.
- Nutrient-dense. Contains high amount of plant proteins, naturally-occurring macro and micronutrients, including 18 different Amino Acids which are essential and required by the body for growth, making healthy muscles, repair, maintenance and to function properly.
- High in dietary fibre and has an exceptional amount oat beta-glucan. Oat beta-glucan, a soluble dietary fibre, helps improve cholesterol levels, reduce cardiovascular diseases and manage blood sugar level.
- A rich complex-carbohydrate functional food beneficial for the diabetics, athletics, people on weight management, digestive and cardiovascular health. Most people broadly associate all carbohydrates as bad and fattening without realising they are the body’s most preferred sources of energy to perform daily activities, regulate digestion, metabolise and oxidise protein and fat.
There are two types of carbohydrates; simple carbohydrates and complex carbohydrates. Both carbohydrates will convert to glucose by digestion and send to the bloodstream as energy source. The key difference between these two are; their nutritional value and the time taken to digest in the body system.
Simple carbohydrates, commonly known as simple sugars usually do not provide nutrients (unless fortified) or fibre to the body. Examples of simple carbs are table sugar, soft drinks, cookies, highly processed food such as refined white bread and ready-to-eat cereals. They are also easily broken down by digestion and send to the bloodstream for quick energy replenishment, thus resulting in a spike in sugar level quickly.
Unlike simple carbs, complex carbohydrates have more nutrients and dietary fibre. They need much longer time to be digested and absorbed into the body system, hence provide the feeling of fullness longer and help to control the calorie intake. As the complex carbs take a longer time to be digested, they provide a slow and sustained release of energy to the body without causing a spike in blood sugar level. People with type 2 diabetes and those who are working towards weight loss should be avoiding simple carbohydrates but not complex carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates provide the main energy source for the body healthy function, help to regulate digestive health and lower cardiovascular diseases.
- GS All-Grain beverage has a smooth mouth-feel, suitable for all ages, especially the elderly or people with swallowing issues. It provides energy and nutrition to the body for maximum absorption.
- Convenient, versatile, easy to incorporate this wholesome grain powder into your daily diet. Simply add to water, milk, any beverages of your choice, cold juices or smoothies. Can also be added to pudding, baking or soup recipes. Can be served hot or cold.
Ingredients (All Organic):
Oat Bran, Amaranth, Quinoa, Buckwheat, Millet & Chia Seeds
Suggestion of Use:
GS All-Grain Powder is highly soluble, mixes easily in liquid, hot or cold. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of All-Grain Powder to 1 cup of water, juices, almond milk, fresh milk, soy milk or any of your favourite beverages, stir well and enjoy. Adjust the viscosity of All-Grain beverage by adding or reducing the liquid of choice.
Some people, especially those who have not been taking enough fibre daily may experience initial abdominal discomfort, gas or bloating. This is because your stomach and digestive system is unable to process and cope with the sudden increase in the fibre load. If any of these symptoms occurs, start with 1 tablespoon and slowly step up your daily intake. This is to let your digestive system adjust to the increased fibre intake gradually.